follow us

RIP Kyle Shelleburg 12-5-10
Posted: 05 December 2010 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Dave's not here
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2009-12-18

Kyle is one of those people with so much energy and enthusiasm that you think he might explode and cover all around him with his contagious zest for life and passion for everything good.  He was buried today in an avalanche and despite efforts of one of our good friends, he did not survive.  Kyle died while skiing today, and while Kyle did love skiing, he also loved his family, his baby, his pets, and everything he came in contact with.  He is like a big teddy bear, always willing to give you a smile and a hug, or a quiet handshake, a wink and a smirk.  He is compassionate and caring, and his positive energy pours from his body as water through an open faucet.  He need not be asked twice to help a friend, and no matter the task or the time, he would be there to help you out.

I don’t know what to say…. we will miss you kyle, and I hope that I can have even a tiny bit of the energy and zest for life that you did.

Posted: 06 December 2010 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Disco Stu
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2009-01-22

I think anyone who knew Kyle would quickly agree with everything said above. I wasn’t a close friend or anything, but the times I ran into Kyle he was just as you described. Always extending a warm greeting and a smile and a sincere interest in how I was doing. My condolences go out to family and friends.

Posted: 07 December 2010 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Dave's not here
Joined  2009-12-18

Memorial Service for Kyle is Friday 12/10/10 @ 2pm at the loveland Mine park in golden.  Reception to follow at the American Mountaineering Center

Posted: 10 December 2010 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Dave's not here
Joined  2009-12-18

www.rememberingkyle.com

Posted: 21 December 2011 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Dave's not here
Joined  2009-12-18

Been thinking about you a bunch lately Kyle.  I miss your big smile and your teddy bear like ways.