follow us

Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder Sold to Texas Company
Posted: 07 January 2013 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2011-10-03

We just found this little tidbit about Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder CO.  We haven’t had a chance to talk to Gary Neptune about it, but we are trying to get a little more insight.  Read below the article in the Denver Post.

Neptune Mountaineering of Boulder sold to Texas company
Posted:  01/07/2013 09:55:38 AM MST
Updated:  01/07/2013 10:30:28 AM MST
By Howard Pankratz
The Denver Post

Neptune Mountaineering of Boulder has been acquired by Backwoods, an Austin-based outdoor gear and apparel retailer, it was announced Monday.

Backwoods said that Neptune’s doors will remain open throughout the transition and the name will remain Neptune Mountaineering.

Both family-owned companies, Neptune Mountaineering and Backwoods, originally opened in 1973.

The official acquisition date was Dec. 31. The purchase price was not disclosed.

“With the purchase of Neptune Mountaineering, we are thrilled to announce a presence in Boulder,” said Jennifer Mull, CEO of Backwoods.

“We plan to maintain the atmosphere and culture of the store and continue the successes of the company’s rich history in the community. Our intent is to keep much of the customer experience the same,” she added.

Mull said that when Gary Neptune decided to sell the store there were lengthy discussions and given common ground shared by the two companies it made sense for Backwoods to acquire Neptune.

“When I started to think about the long term future of Neptune Mountaineering and eventually selling my business I had very specific ideas about an ideal successor,” said Neptune. “I could not have hoped for a better fit than Backwoods and am very excited about the future of Neptune Mountaineering and my continued involvement.”

Backwoods is located in nine cities across the country. Backwoods offers clothing, equipment and expertise to help customers. Backwoods Adventures, a sister company to Backwoods, is currently running trips on six of the seven continents.

Howard Pankratz: 303-954-1939, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or twitter.com/howardpankratz

Read more: Neptune Mountaineering of Boulder sold to Texas company - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22325207/neptune-mountaineering-boulder-sold-texas-company#ixzz2HKWFZy00
Read The Denver Post’s Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse